Sunday, November 28, 2010

Taking Care of Your Makeup Brushes


Cleaning your brushes is a really crucial step in keeping them in good condition.  I recommend washing them with a spray cleanser between colors, and using a shampoo once a week.

I love using the Sephora Professionel purifying Brush Shampoo once a week. It's so simple to use and it gets every bit of color out of your brushes making them look brand new. I wet my brushes under some lukewarm water ALWAYS KEEP THE BRISTLES FACING DOWN
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYSSS!
If water goes up into your brush, the glue that holds the hairs will dissolve and the bristles will fall out.
When you're done , I will show you what to do  in the pic below!
Also, the spray cleanser I love is bodyographypro's The Brush Off Anti-Bacterial Makeup Brush Cleanser.
You can just spray it on your brush tip and swirl onto a paper towel until it's fresh and clean.




Since you now know not to hold your brushes bristles up, I like to take a towel, roll up one end pretty high and put my brushes like in the picture. You can also reshape your brushes so they dry correctly. I like to let them all dry overnight just like this.

Good Luck!

No comments: