Saturday, November 6, 2010

Drugstore Love!

The best drugstore buys in my opinion:

Pantene Detangler
I got it a week ago and have been addicted ever since. It works well for straight hair and try to use it when your hair is half damp and brush with a wide-tooth comb! (The effects don't really show with a paddle brush, and you rip more hair out that way)

Yes To Carrots & Cumcumbers is officially my favorite brand. So far, I've tried a few products and have not been disappointed. The eye cream is very moisturizing and I love how its 98% natural, although it runs about $15.00, I think it's worth it. The towelettes smell soooo good, and they are supersoft. I don't wear too much face makeup, so for me, they do the job well. They just take some more elbow grease to remove liquid liner. The chapstick is pretty good and there are more flavors, and the moisturizing ingredients stay on for a few hours.

I got these a long time ago, but they're great. They are the L'Oreal HIP High Intenisty Pigments. They come with a little brush that lets you pat on the color. They are very buildable and work great all over your lid or in your crease. I would say they're better than MAC pigments because they deposit a lot more color and it's wierd, but the pigment pieces are larger than MAC's, and when you apply them (remember to pat them on, no sweeping!) they develop a creamy texture. The two colors I own are Striving, the blue-green one, and the gold is Visionary.

This is NYC's Translucent powder. I love this because you can use it in so many different ways. I sweep a line under my eyes when I use dark eyeshadows that have some fallout. You can just sweep it away with a tissue when your eyeshadow is ready. I also patted it all over my face for my vampire costume and it made a nice matte foundation on my skin. I think the best way to use it is to put on your lipstick, blot it on a tissue, keep the tissue on top of your lips, and sponge the powder on over the tissue onto your lips. The tissue lets the powder through and it makes your lipstick develop some staying power. Also, if you're in a hot climate, you can sweep this on your face with a powder brush once your makeup is all done and it prevents any smears and melting that can occur when you sweat.
Plus, the powder lasts forever!

These are also from NYC, and they cost about a dollar each. They apply so easily and have great pigmentation.
On the left is a light pink called chiffon and the finish is creamy with some shine and a little sparkle. You dont need any lipliners or anything for this one, just some chapstick before you put it on.
The center one is called Blossom and it is a fuschia pink and looks like that when you apply it. It also has a creamy consistency when you apply it. This one is a little harder to get to work with your eyes. I would use a nude eyeshadow or silver to make it pop.
The final one is called Retro Red and it also applies creamy and has good shine. I think it works best if you conceal your lips entirely, line and fill in your lips with a red lip liner like NYX's Plush Red lip liner, apply the lipstick, and top it off with a super red lip gloss, like NYX's Plush Red Lipgloss.

I just bought this The Falsies volum' express. The mascara has fibers that attach to your eyelashes, making it appear that you have more eyelashes. The scoop wand is pretty good, but I recommend first using turning the brush so that the curve of the wand lifts your eyelash hairs up as you brush and then using the curve to cover your lashes from base to tip and sweeping outwards, away from your nose.

This is the most moisturizing lip balm I've ever owned. It comes in a few other flavors, but this berry one is the best (and sweetest). It's really good to use before applying lip gloss or lipstick

No comments: